Online Casino Glossary
Casino Interface / General
VIP Loyalty Program
– Casino game:
– Game Portfolio: Games Fold, Library, Suite
– Game Categories:
– Major Category:
– Live Casino:
– Live Dealer:
– Online Slot: Video Slot
– Progressive Slot / Jackpot Slot:
– Table Games: Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, Poker, Craps, Other Games
– Card Games: Blackjack, Baccarat, Poker, Other Games
– Video Poker:
– Scratch Cards:
– Lottery / Bingo:
– Arcade games :
– Virtual Sports:
– Filter / Sort Games:
– Search Function:
– Categorisation / Classification of Games: Featured, New, Popular, Favourite, Players’ Favourites, All Games
– Play Now / For Real:
– Demo Play / For Free:
– (i) Game Info:
– Exclusive Games:
– In-house Production:
– Pay lines:
– Coin Value:
– Game Settings:
– Game theme:
– Base Game:
– Bonus Game:
– Minimum / Maximum Bet:
– Bet Level:
– Return To Player (RTP) Value:
– Hit Frequency:
– Game Provider: Software Developer. Game Suppler, Game Vendor
– Major Provider:
– Complete / Full Range of Games:
– Multi Studio Developers:
– Business Focus:
Money Transfers and Currencies
– Currencies: Since we only review online casinos with UK license, more or less all of them are accepting the GBP. Other currencies that are commonly used by many web casinos are the EURO, USD, CAD, AUD, SEK, NOK and some other currencies, mostly from European Countries. Virtual Currencies, such as Bitcoin, are accepted by some online casinos but it is a really rare thing.
– Financial Transaction: The action taken in order to transfer money to or from, deposit or withdraw, an online casino account. Each casino offers a mix of ‘Payment Methods’ in order to facilitate that process. Such options can be Credit/Debit Cards, Pay by Phone/SMS, E–Wallets, Bank Transfer, Prepaid Vouchers and Cheques.
– Deposit Money: The financial transaction made for transferring money to an online casino account in order to be used for playing for real money.
– Withdraw Money: The financial transaction that takes part for retracting deposited funds or money that have been won during the gambling activity from the online casino account to a financial account of choice, for example bank account.
– Payment Method: The process used in order to transfer money to or from, deposit or withdraw, an online casino account.
– Credit/Debit Cards: The most common way to make payments, both in the online and offline world. It is the most popular payment method used by web casino players and the most accepted in the online casino industry. A very established, fast and secure way to make online deposits, the most common cards used are those issued from VISA and MasterCard.
– E–Wallets: As the name indicates, it is a virtual wallet that can be used to make depositsto, and withdrawals from, online casinos. In reality it plays the role of the middleman between your bank account or credit/debit card and the online casino. More or less all web casinos accept a few E-Wallet options like the PayPal, Skrill and Neteller.
– Pay by Phone/SMS: A really popular payment method that requires no bank account, the online casino charges your phone bill that you will have to pay at the end of the month. It is sad though that not that many online casinos offer this option yet, even though you will find some that they offer the Boku-PayByPhone method.
– Prepaid Vouchers: A payment method very easy to use. Online casino players just have to go to the nearest retail shop, where they will ask for the 16-digit voucher coming simply in a piece of paper. The most common of them is PaysafeCard that starts from £10 and goes up to £200. Keep in mind though that you can only make deposits and not any withdrawals.
– Bank/Wire Transfer: The old fashioned type of payment is not that popular in the online casino industry. Although it can be said that is the safest, it requires up to 48 hours for the money to be deposited into an online casino account let alone all the fuss of going to a local bank and waiting in the long queue.
– Cheques: An alternative banking method that is more or less outdated and very few, just some established, online casinos are accepting them. The attempt to bring that method to the online world as e-check seems not to be working since not that many casinos supporting that method.
– Deposit Limits: A certain amount of money that you can deposit so you can start playing for real money. Usually refers to the minimum amount as most of the online casinos require a solid amount of around £20 so they can let you play.
– Withdrawal Limits: A certain amount of money that you can withdraw from your online casino account, especially after you have won. Focus is on the maximum amounts as most of the online casinos do not allow you to take all the money and leave at once.
– Verification Documents: The evidence or data of your identity that confirm yourself as a person and your account before the online casino start the withdrawal process. Such data usually refer to copies of a passport, a driver’s license or a national ID card.
– Manual Flushing: Players are given the option to prevent themselves from cancelling a withdrawal request and putting their money back to the account. In that way, they cannot manage their money during the pending period and they will have to re-deposit in case they want to start playing again.
– Transfer Pending Time: A specific and usually short period of time that takes for an online casino to confirm any deposits that you have made or any withdrawals that you have requested.
– Payment Operator: The company that processes your payments, manages your funds and bills your account working under firm regulations.
– Withdrawal Process Time:
– Transfer Completion Time:
– Withdrawal Cancellation:
– Transaction Costs:
– Casino Account:
Company Info and Licenses
– Casino Licence:
– Registered Address:
– UK Gambling Commission:
– FAQ section: The Frequently Asked Questions in an online casino can be found either as a separate option in the footer of the webpage or in the Help section that the casino might have. The questions are usually categorised regarding the various casino services and include players’ queries that most of the times concern the registration process, the payment methods and the bonuses amongst others.
– Live Chat: The option you have to instantly contact an online casino operator for further queries. Most of the online casinos will provide you with a small ‘Live Chat’ icon on the header or on the right side of their webpage. Clicking upon it, the chat window pops up with the assistant welcoming you, while in most cases you can start talking to them immediately without the requirement to give your e-mail or any other personal data. The Live Chat assistants are usually very friendly and polite willing to help and they are there for you 24/7.
– Email: As time goes by and as the the live chat service becomes more functional, the e-mail’s popularity decreases. However, you can use the e-mail to contact the casino if your query is formal or something more specific that a live chat operator may not help you with. Most online casinos reply in a time range from 24 to 48 hours while we have occasionally seen some casino brands that do not respond at all. What is more, you will see quite many online casinos that provide you with more than one e-mail addresses; you just have to select the one that matches your type of query.
– Phone: It is quite understandable that when you want clear answers, you are in hurry or in a case of emergency whatsoever, neither the live chat nor the e-mail service will provide the direct assistance you want. If you do not mind to be charged, the telephone option is more than useful because you can get more reliable and specific answers to details that are important to you. Do not take it for granted though that all online casinos provide a phone option and when they do so, it is not going to be a 24/7 one. Last to mention is that sometimes online casinos have two telephone numbers that players can reach them, one for UK players and the other for international users.
– Freephone Number: As said above, the normality regarding the telephone option is that online casinos will charge you for using that. However, this tends to change because more and more new online casinos provide you with a toll free or a 0800 number that is free of charge either you use a landline or you call from a mobile device.
– Call Back Function: It is not that common but there are some internet casinos that will ask to pay the phone bill for you. You will not be charged as they do not give you a telephone number as an option but what they do is request yours in order to get in touch with you. The process that follows in such case, is that you have to fill in some of your personal information like your name, email, type of query and of course your phone number and rest assured that they will get in touch with you. They do so, normally in a couple of hours.
– Opening Hours: Let’s just begin by saying that it is very rarely that live chat services that are not available 24/7. Having said that, the opening hours mainly apply to the telephone option and it is quite natural as it is very hard for online casinos to provide a 24/7 telephone service. Most of the times, the opening hours begin at 08:00 CET and last until midnight through all week days, while they may change in the weekend, when the hors of course are fewer.