New Gamification Casinos
Gamification in an online casino context is when elements of game mechanics are integrated into the casino sites. This makes online casinos feel like they are a game in their own right. It makes for immersive game play that is both fun and exciting. By giving players goals to reach for, leader boards to compete in, contests to win, and the ability to interact socially. Gamification is triggering all the right pleasure centres in the brain and you could say appealing directly to human nature. You get to work towards goals, races on leader boards, and interact with other players socially. All of this makes for a more compelling casino experience. In reality gamification is a modern approach to the regular VIP Loyalty Programs, creating a new and more fun way to reward the most loyal casino players.
The trend really begun in 2012 with Casumo Casino. Other casinos poked and prodded the industry, but Casumo was the first casino that felt like a real adventure, rather than a site. Since then we have seen one or two great and unique releases a year. Kaboo Casino, the out of this world gamification platform, was released in 2015 and a few months later, in the beginning of 2016, Rizk Casino was introduced. Another great gamification site for 2016 was Ikibu Casino. We are just in the beginning of the year 2017 and two brand new gamification sites have entered the market, the cool Larry Casino and the magnificent Fantasino Casino.
How to Spot the Best Gamification Casinos
We have mentioned some of them throughout the article, and each one of these titles were a little different, but they used gamification features to improve the player’s experience, with races, contests, points, trophies, and other game mechanics motivators. These sites haven’t just been big releases for gamification casino industry, they did really well compare to all new online casinos.
Newest Casino Site for the UK in January 2018. This is clearly a high roller place with lots of gamification features that comes with a cool and interactive theme. A must play casino, probably one of the best casinos for 2018.
A different design with a airline/sky theme with an enormous range of online slots and game developers. A must play casino for any online gaming fan.
Get ready for the brand new casino for 2017 that offers powerful bonuses and promotions right from the start. You will feel the energy and the rewards each time you spin one of the Online Slots and Progressive Jackpot Games.
A brand new casino with fantastic and unique gamification features that the most dedicated casino players will like. Enter the FANTASY WORLD and enjoy the Online Slots, Live Dealer Games, Bonuses and Promotions.
Come and meet the cool Larry and his friends in a luxurious resort. It is one of the better casinos out there with many gamification features where you will be able to unlock new friends, bonuses, presents, draw tickets and Larry’s Roulette spins. Lets not forget the enormous casino games selection.
Brand new casino concept that offers only WAGER FREE bonuses and promotions. Offers an exceptional casino game search function and many other unique features.
Great casino with an Italian themed design that focuses on Online Slots and Live Dealer Games. Check out the gamification features, you have to try out the Holy Calzone Wheel.
A mysterious and dark themed web casino with multiple and generous promotions plus a cool VIP program. Offer a gamification feature that you really have to try, the Shadow Treasures.
Hang around with the coolest and friendliest characters in the online casino industry. Lots of Free Spins and Promotions.
One of the best gamification casinos. A journey you should not miss.
Visit one of the Best online casinos in the UK and meet the Captain Rizk and Lucky the Super Dog that will guide you through the epic casino adventures. You will also like the wheel of Rizk, an exclusive and unique rewarding feature.
Get ready for the unknown! A gamification casino from another universe. You will never get borred at this great online casino.
How the Gamification Trend Started
It is difficult to say exactly what brought about this gamification trend. We believe the introduction of mobile devices, and the year on year growth of online casinos, has created a hyper competitive market. New casinos award bigger and better bonuses every year, but the question quickly became, how to keep the players happy and excited? Gamification was the answer for many online casinos, but it does not appeal to all audiences. It can look a little childish to some casino players or make a the casino confusing if it is not done properly, and we think this is why gabling sites targeting the mass market stay away from Gamification. Online Casinos that target High Rollers and decorate themselves in a regal theme prefer to offer the regular VIP Loyalty Programs to reward their players.
How Gamification Casinos Work
Achieving goals are pretty much a standard addition of all gamified casinos and it is the sense of achievement that gamification stimulates in the brain. There is normally a reward for achieving the goal. The casino might give you a dozen Free Spins because you bet over £150 and won over £200 in blackjack. Giving players targets, that they have to meet, motivates them to play more; and at times that they wouldn’t. At the some time you will get loyalty points every time you wager and every time you achieve a goal. They are collected as you bet on the casino, and once you accumulate enough of them, you can use them to purchase free spins, bonus rounds, entry into raffles, other gamification games– wheel of fortune, pick and choose, – and the points are arranged into the leader boards described earlier. Casumo casino, is a casino which has loyalty point game mechanics. You earn them just by wagering, and then they can be used to buy free spins, and other bonuses. Casumo also awards trophies for your achievements, but they do absolutely nothing.
Unlockable content is practically the whole point of casino gamification. It might be the next level, or a special game, but it is always something that you can’t otherwise access. It creates a story line or adds a narrative to the casino with that comes a sense of progression. This is its power. You are advancing in the game and that gives you something to come back to. You can play at the same casino forever if it is always changing. Ikibu Casino is a new casino with unlockable levels. The implied storyline is that you are exploring and island, so when you move up a level you move on a map and changes are made to the colour scheme, and background image. All the levels have their own bonuses and promotions. You move up the levels with a virtual game currency known as seeds. They are won in a leader board style race. Ikibu has a little of everything.
A visual representation of progress is a good way to motivate someone. This is what make tracking so important to gamification. By giving players a clear goal to work towards and tracking their progress towards that goal, players will allow themselves another bet closer to their goal, but casinos can’t create that without effective tracking, and displaying those numbers. A tracking system won’t show you how much you spent in a day, but it will give you your winnings and balance of virtual currency. Only the positive numbers. Casinos play sneaky tricks to get you to keep betting, but there is no denying how much fun this all makes a casino.
Gamification in Mobile Casinos
Casino gamification has been identified as key to engaging mobile players. Outside of the casino industry there are all kinds of gamified applications, so casinos didn’t have to think too hard about it. Waze the GPS application is the first thing that comes to mind. Anyway, mobile casino gamification is very similar to desktop gamification. Basically every new site that comes out is optimized for mobile and works just as well on a mobile as it does a desktop and most of the sites run on HTML 5 which is compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices. Social gaming gets always a boost on mobile devices, Casumo Casino uses the connectivity of your smart phone to connect with social media and post / share your trophies and achievements that will get you extra loyalty points. This integration of mobile casino and social media platforms is nothing new, but gamification is being used to create a lot more content for the casino.
Trends in 2019 for Gamification Casinos
Gamification is happening. We will continue to see online casinos including game mechanics into their sites, and they will get better and better at it. At the moment, there are only a few online casinos that are made to give out rewards based on gamification. We have all won bonuses by spinning a wheel, or ranking on a leader board, but that’s not all. This gamification trend will continue, and as that happens casinos are going to build better features, and find even more ways to integrate gaming mechanics into their mobile sites.
We predict also that gamification will require more input from the players. We can look forward to immerging technology like Virtual Reality gamifying the casino industry and increased uptake of mobile and wearable devices. We expect that the bonuses will change, since casinos will play like games in their own right. Here follows the latest trends for Gamification Casinos in 2019:
– Own Currency: We predict that virtual currency is going to be the next big thing in gamification. Most of the new casinos that we have mentioned so far use their own currency system. A lot of casinos are bringing out games that let you wager more real money for game credits, and they will continue to use systems like this. The virtual currency needs to have more value and uses, and we will continue to exchange real money for it. Definitely not just a passing trend.
– Virtual Reality: Advances in technology and a decent amount of hype has put VR in a position to take off. A lot of the interest for VR systems come from the casino industry. This ties in nicely with gamification, because we don’t see what else a VR headset could do but make a casino into a game. A virtual reality headset costs between £200 to £800, and before you even think about powering it, you need a computer capable of running it. Once these costs come down, or the perceived need for these devices rises, VR gambling in gamification casinos will take off.
– In-Game Gamification: It sounds a bit redundant to talk about making a game more like a game, but it is happening and online slot developers are putting scoring systems into casino games, tracking wins, and telling stories. Not much has been done with table games yet. We have seen a lot more tracking and trophies being awarded for games like, but online casinos are hesitant to change must about table games. Most narrating in slots if done by telling stories with symbolism, but some online slots are build to unlock another game in the game after winning or achieving some goals. We are expecting the online slots of the future to become more of an arcade game where you will be winning money when moving to the next level.
– New Themes and Narratives: All gamification casinos have a story. Things happen one after the other, and they allow the player to learn and growth with them. The narrative follows your progress at the casino, and it weaves a story line into your wins and losses. One of the coolest themes in the industry is the Kaboo Casino space adventure, you travel through space to different planets and the imagery tells the story and at every new planet you are rewarded with extra spins and bonuses. Gamification themes and narratives still have a long way to go and we expect to see new casinos pushing the barriers on that field.
– Social Media Integration: We will see much more social gamification in 2019 being used to motivate you to share, post, tweet, or refer a friend. By sharing the gamification achievements on social media, the gamification casino will give you more points if you engage in social gamification.